The Atlanta Hawks have refinanced the construction on their $35 million practice facility with a loan underwritten exclusively by black banks, making it the first professional sports facility financed solely by black banks. Comer Capital Group acted as the financial advisor to the syndicate of banks in this historical milestone.
Read all about this historic deal:
- Hawks announce historic agreement with Black-owned banks
- Hawks reach historic agreement with Black-owned banks
- Atlanta Hawks make pro sports history in deal with Black-owned banks
- Atlanta Hawks Announce Historic $35 million Agreement With Black Banks
- Black-owned banks get major assist from Atlanta Hawks
- Hawks announce ground-breaking deal with Black-owned banks
- Hawks Announce Historic Agreement With Black-Owned Banks
- More than 50 years after the Civil Rights movement, Black Americans still face discrimination in banking. But pro sports teams can help change that.
- Atlanta Hawks Strike Historic Deal With Black-Owned Bank Loan
- Atlanta Hawks turn to Black-owned banks for $35M refinance of practice complex
- Atlanta Hawks Become 1st Sports Franchise to Receive a Significant Loan Underwritten Exclusively By Black Banks
- Opinion: Atlanta Hawks, pairing with network of Black-owned banks, keep leading off the court